Translate

Monday, July 16, 2012

Friends of Speedy Tv Challenge # 29

Looking forward to a good week, how about you??
Our new challenge this week at FOSTV is a sketch.
 I don't usually do Asian but one of the new releases for 
July is a Beautiful Asian Delights Set. I have used one of the 
single images of a lovely geisha doing a little water
 coloring and matting her.





 I found some SU Cherry Cobbler
 paper perfect for the mat cut with a Spellbinder Fleur De Lis
. I had this ribbon with an Asian flavor so that is what I used for
  my color inspiration. The Bg paper was created with
 some alcohol inks and stitched on.The Chinese symbols were
 stamped in a row to created one side of the strip and for
 the center circle. I used the Spellbinder Scalloped circle,
 Reverse Scalloped Circle and the Beaded Circle I chose to
add the HB sentiment to the inside of the card since there
was plenty going on on the front already.
to see the Asian set and the other new releases for this month.



Here is the Sketch to use  if you would like to join us.



If you come join us you could be the winner of this lovely set
We do not often get rain here in the desert but boy we did get a
humdinger  Saturday evening and night so I thought I would
share a couple pics. Looked like we were going
to float away  there for a bit lol!  I snapped a couple pics between
 rounds.This is the mountains directly behind my house after
the first round passed thru.
This one is the second round coming in. It is raining so hard
you can barely see the mountains. Many times in the desert it
comes fast and furious instead of softly,
 filling all the washes and roads with turbulent
waters, but never the less a blessing for such dry land.

10 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Davi this is beautiful I love the Oriental theme and this is perfect, the image and colours are divine.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Karin said...

Wow it looks lovely, the image and the colors!

Kate said...

DAvi, you made using the oriental set look easy!! LOVE the colors. Beautiful card.

Janine said...

Such a beautiful card - really pretty and some great elements. I see you have some of our rain! Maybe that is how we got to see the sun briefly yesterday!

Ravengirl said...

This turned out most amazing1 I love the background you used for your geisha and your ribbon find is fabulous!

jimlynn said...

Stunning! So pretty and love the frame you used for this image. Gorgeous background too!
So glad y'all got some rain - we did too.....Very much so needed!
Lynn

Kathy Bradley said...

Beautiful and elegant card! Awesome pics!

Benzi said...

Beautiful card, Davi. You're right, the ribbon is perfect.
I'm glad you shared the photos. The mountains are so pretty and I'm just sure you must have enjoyed the wonderful rain. We've been blessed with lots of rain in the last week and everything is so green now...in a way the sprinkler just can't do it.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Davi!! I love how you've framed the image! Beautiful ribbon!
Hugs, Tammy

stampingbowd said...

I love the ink colors you chose to use for your BG! Beautiful card!!!