Translate

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Using Mona's CR84FN Color challenge for this wall hanging.


I made it for one of the ladies in my Womens Ministry Group. I try to do something for each of their birthdays. She loves yellow so this was the perfect challenge. I gave it to her this morning and she was delighted with it.

Using a piece of fiber board I drilled holes to hang it and then painted it white working
in some yellows and greys for the background. Although it doesn't show well because some of it was rather light I stamped, painted, stenciled
and doodled all around. Added some grey splatters and the background was finished.
I had a perfect dp that is yellow with grey strips. Slathered some grey textured
medium onto the card board cut out and stitched on the dp.

I made some grey paper to stamp the scripture onto and cut out with the Spellbinder.




The flowers were die cut out of the kraft paper and a little yellow chalk on the edges. The little grey flowers were punched and layers then I cut some leaves to go with all the flowers. You can see a closer up of one of the flowers below. Those flowers definitely needed a butterfly to flit among them.





I didn't have anything grey to go around the hanger holes so dug in my husbands drawers and used a couple washers to go with the grey theme pulled the ribbon through and tied a bow to hang it by.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Entering Challenges:

16 comments:

Pauline said...

Wow Davi, this is amazing!! I love the beautiful flowers, the wonderful stitched corrugated cardboard, and the wonderful label focal point. So much effort and love has gone into this treasure!

Helen Berry said...

Davi, this is beautiful - what a wonderful keepsake. Love all the texture to this, those beautiful paper flowers, the corrugated cardboard with the stitching around it and that lovely sentiment and label! Wow, so much detail and it's a joy to see!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation, love the colours & those flowers are stunning!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful wall hanging Davi! Love the corrugated cardboard label and the gorgeous flowers! The butterfly looks wonderful fluttering about! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Davi, this is really gorgeous!! Love your yellow monochrome design and your flowers are so stunning!! TFS!! HUGS

jimlynn said...

OH WOW!!! This is simply stunning and a true work of art! Gorgeous creation Davi. Love how you found those washers too! Fabulous!
Lynn

Tammy said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Davi!! I love the soft colors and your fabulous Kraft flowers!! Beautiful details and design!
Hugs, Tammy

Cheryl said...

So gorgeous and elegant!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, Davi, this is one of the most beautiful wall hangings I've seen!! I love everything about this!! What a gorgeous gift...it's absolutely stunning!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

WOW.. This wall hanging is gorgeous. I just love that soft yellow color..

Hope you had a happy Monday..

Hugs, Linda

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow Miss Davi! this is GORGEOUS! 8-) Love the Wonderful kraft roses wit the yellow chalked edges! our Sentiment is just Wonderful and how clever are you to use washers! 8-) Love every Fabulous detail my friend!

Hugs
Shannon

Deborah Frings said...

Wow!! This is absolutely stunning! There are so many lovely details here. Great texture, beautiful flowers and a lovely verse. I'm sure it'll be very much appreciated. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Benzi said...

Davi, this is so gorgeous. I love the verse and the die you have it on is just perfect. Great flowers, too. I'm sure they lady was very pleased with this beautiful creation.

Stella said...

Davi your friend will cherish this. You really have outdone yourself. And it shows off. This is stunning. Spot on the colors and I am in love with your flowers!
XX

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful flowers, Davi.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Davi this is awesome that verse is perfect, I certainly feel that the Lord is giving me strength at the moment, the flowers, colours and design look breathtaking.
hugs
Lorraine x